Understanding Different Cannabis Consumption Methods
Cannabis consumption has evolved and changed significantly over the years, and today, users have a plethora of options and types of cannabis products to choose from. Indica, Sativa, and Hybrid are some of these products and each elicits a slightly different reaction in users. Whether you are a seasoned cannabis enthusiast or someone new, understanding the various cannabis consumption methods can significantly enhance your experience.If you are not sure about choosing the right cannabis method or dosage, we'll explore the different ways to consume cannabis.
Picking a Cannabis Product
Before considering the various consumption methods, you should choose the right cannabis product for your needs and preferences. Factors such as THC/CBD content, strain type, and desired effects are pivotal in this decision-making process. Though the main ingredient in all products comes from the same plant, people usually pick their cannabis products, such as edibles or topicals, based on why and how they plan to use them.
Stages of Being High
If you have been consuming cannabis for a while, you may know that cannabis users usually experience distinct stages of being high. From the initial onset to the peak effects and gradual decline, understanding these stages can help you tailor your consumption method to achieve the desired experience.
- Anticipation: During this initial stage, you are awaiting the effects of cannabis.
- Savoring the Flavor: In this phase, individuals immerse themselves in the diverse flavors and unique aromas of cannabis.
- The Moment of Clarity: As the effects begin to set in, you’ll experience a sense of happiness and comfort.
- Euphoria: Shortly after consuming THC, a phase of intense happiness and contentment typically ensues.
- Cresting the High: You will start to feel mildly stoned as the high reaches its peak.
- The Come Down: As THC levels in your bloodstream decline, effects such as hunger, sleepiness, anxiety, or even mild paranoia may be experienced.
- Evaluation: This stage involves reflecting on the high and its effects, considering adjustments for the next session.
Ways to Consume Cannabis
Wondering what the best ways to consume cannabis are? We can broadly categorize cannabis consumption into inhalation and oral methods. Each category or option offers multiple options, catering to diverse preferences and lifestyles.
Inhalation methods involve introducing cannabinoids into the body through the respiratory system. It is one of the most prevalent methods of consuming cannabis. Smoking, vaping, gravity bongs, and dabbing fall under this category.
Different cannabis strains can produce different effects when you inhale them, so it is imperative to choose the right strain to achieve the desired experience.
Smoking cannabis triggers an efficient and fast high. When you smoke cannabis, the CBD, THC, and other cannabinoids are released gradually into the air and then inhaled.
Advantages of Smoking
- Smoking provides rapid absorption, leading to a considerably faster onset of effects than other methods.
- Many users tend to enjoy and prefer the ritual of rolling and smoking a joint. This creates a social and communal aspect to cannabis consumption.
Vaping cannabis is rapidly becoming one of the most popular and go-to methods of consuming cannabis products. Vaping entails heating highly concentrated cannabis oil to produce an inhalable vapor that you can use to achieve the desired effects. Vapor does not release the same carcinogens and harmful tar that are created when users burn flowers, which makes vaping a safer and healthier alternative to smoking.
Advantages of Vaping
- Vaporizing cannabis helps eliminate many of the harmful byproducts associated with combustion, offering a potentially safer and better option for the lungs.
- Vaporizers are a godsend and allow users to control the dosage more accurately, leading to a more controlled experience.
» Gravity Bongs
A simple way to smoke cannabis is using a common household item is with a gravity bong, often known as a bucket or waterfall bong. While you can purchase one, gravity bongs can be created from milk jugs, plastic bottles, buckets, and 2-liter soda bottles.
Advantages of Gravity Bongs
- Gravity bongs are great at delivering concentrated doses, making them suitable for experienced users seeking intense effects.
- Crafty and savvy users can easily make their gravity bongs at home, adding a personalized and unique touch to their cannabis consumption.
We can define dabbing as the act of vaporizing cannabis concentrates or extracts for consumption, and “dabs” are the concentrates. Similar to essential oils, concentrates are created by extracting cannabinoids and many other valuable compounds from cannabis flower, producing a very potent oil.
You may know that dabs are named for their unique texture, which indicates the process used to create them. Dabs go by several names, including shatter and wax. Other examples are rosin, crumble, and sauce.
Advantages of Dabbing
- Dabs, concentrated cannabis extracts, offer a powerful and immediate high.
- Dabbing also allows users to experience the full flavor profile of specific cannabis strains.
Oral consumption methods involve ingesting cannabis, leading to a slower onset of effects but with longer-lasting results. Edibles, drinks, capsules, tinctures, sprays, and topicals fall into this category.
Edibles are food products that are infused with cannabis extracts or concentrates.
Advantages of Edibles
- Edibles, such as gummies, provide an extended and more sustained high compared to inhalation methods. However, make sure the edibles dosage is right for you.
- Edibles also offer a discreet and simple way to consume cannabis without the telltale odor associated with smoking.
Cannabis drinks are beverages infused with cannabis extracts or compounds, such as THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and/or CBD (cannabidiol).
Advantages of Drinks
- Cannabis-infused beverages and drinks provide a refreshing alternative to traditional edibles.
- Pre-measured doses in cannabis drinks allow for precise control over consumption.
Cannabis capsules are oral dosage forms of cannabis that come in the form of small, typically gelatin or vegetarian capsules filled with cannabis extract or oil.
Advantages of Capsules
- Capsules offer consistent and easily measurable doses, suitable for those seeking precise control.
- Capsules provide a tasteless option for individuals who may not enjoy the natural flavor of cannabis.
Cannabis tincture is a liquid form of cannabis extract. These extracts are typically made by soaking cannabis plant material in alcohol or another solvent.
Advantages of Tinctures
- Tinctures placed under your tongue are absorbed directly into the bloodstream. You can expect a faster onset.
- Tinctures can be easily and readily added to food or beverages, offering unmatched flexibility in consumption.
Individuals can apply topical CBD sprays directly to their skin for swift localized effects, such as pain relief, reduced inflammation, and muscle relaxation. You may also combine them with ingredients like arnica for an added boost of anti-inflammatory benefits.
Advantages of Sprays
- Cannabis sprays allow you to control the dosage with accuracy.
- Compact and easy to carry, sprays provide a convenient option for on-the-go consumption.
Topical is an inclusive or umbrella term for numerous cannabis-infused products, such as oils, salves, and gels, which are designed and formulated for application to the skin. You can opt to use a full-spectrum cannabis product that contains CBD, THC, and a range of terpenes (aromatic and flavorful compounds). Conversely, you may opt for a pure CBD isolate product.
Preliminary research has revealed that applying cannabis to your skin, especially CBD, not just helps with muscle soreness, pain, and inflammation but can also relieve many topical skin conditions, such as eczema or acne.
Advantages of Topical
- Cannabis-infused topicals are designed for localized application and provide relief to specific areas without inducing a psychoactive high that some users are averse to.
- Topicals offer a non-intoxicating option for individuals seeking therapeutic benefits without the euphoric effects.
Deciding What Consumption Method is Best for You
Choosing the right consumption method is a personal decision and depends on lifestyle, personal preferences, and desired effects. Before choosing a specific method or product, consider factors such as onset time, duration of effects, and the convenience of the chosen method.
There are many ways to consume cannabis, and understanding the diverse range of cannabis consumption methods will help you make informed and prudent choices that align with your preferences, budget, and goals. There is no one-size-fits-all solution, and experimenting with different methods, such as inhaling, allows you to discover what works best for you, leading to a more enjoyable and personalized cannabis experience.
If you are looking to buy cannabis edibles and gummies or other products, Remedy Center offers a wide variety of cannabis products including Delta-8 and Delta-9 gummies. Purchase edibles and other products online with confidence and peace of mind. Always consume responsibly and be mindful of local regulations and guidelines.